About Mountain Delights
Mountain Delights Treks & Expedition Pvt Ltd. mission is to provide a positive example for Nepali trekking companies. Our aim is to maintain an economically competitive company that takes a small margin of profit in order to provide excellent working conditions and benefits for our staff and the local people we visit. We provide socially progressive services and a positive experience for our hosts and clients.We respect environmental and cultural awareness and maintain sustainable business practices.
Mountain Delights Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd. was founded by Ram and supported by a group of experienced, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial trekking guides and tour leaders in 2004. During our combinedworking lives we have provided thousands of adventure and pleasure trips. Because of our quality, safety record, friendly and economic service, many of our clients have now become our friends and our best advertisement. We therefore are proud to continue to greet old and new clients and share with them the beauty and culture of our country.
Mountain Delights has been committed to the travel trade since its establishment, and is recognized and approved by the Government of Nepal and the Tourism Board of Nepal. It has established an impeccable reputation both at home and abroad. Therefore you can expect caring services management and its administrative and field staff are sincerely committed to maintaining the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Nepal.
Our Services/Why Choose Us:
Mountain Delights can offer you personal and efficient services. Transport is provided by reputable drivers and road worthy vehicle. Multi-lingual and experienced guides are trained in Eco-friendly trekking behaviour.
Meet at airport……
Assistance with bookings to other international destinations.
City tours by knowledgeable tour guides within the valley.
Our service includes Trekking, Climbing,White-water Rafting, Jungle Safaris, Bird watching, Nepali local home stay, Mountain Flight and Hot-air Balloon Flights, Yoga and Meditation, Bungy Jumping, Paragliding, Zip Lining, Mountain Bike rides.
Group or individual tours can be tailor made to suit your requirements.
Package tours to exotic destinations such as Tibet, Bhutan and India are available.
Female guides and porters: Mountain Delights can provide female porters and guides for the women trekkers on request.
Your sensitivity for your surrounding will influence others and your team will help with these simple guidelines.??• Do not leave anything except your footprints on the trail, and do not take away anything except photos. ?• Use bio-degradable or burnable disposables. ?• Do not leave waste burning on a site. Bag and remove plastic and tins for disposal later. ?• Ensure that toilets are dug at least 50 meters from the camp, and cover with earth on departure.
MOUNTAIN DELIGHTS RESPONSIBLE TOURISM
As well as providing our clients with treks to the “famous” and “popular” sites within Nepal, Mountain Delights Treks & Expedition (Pvt.) Ltd also focuses on discovering new trekking trails – taking the pressure off the more popular trekking areas in Nepal. Both trekkers and locals benefit from us opening up new areas as trekkers get to discover a new path and scenario which has not been explored before and the locals get a chance to uplift their living standards through tourism.
Our aim is to provide our clients with a great experience as well as having a positive impact on the areas that they travel in and to preserve the environment, culture and traditions of Nepal for many generations to come.
Our growing success has enabled us to continue our obligation to serve and donate some part of our profit to those most in need. Despite the geographical barriers of our country, Mountain Delights through its non-profit organistion (Tukee Nepal) have organised projects covering education, health, toilets, micro electric, agriculture, mirco finance, house renovation and food. We are committed to better working conditions and basic human rights of all porters (we want to say helpers) and staff by providing more facilities for staff and improving our staff’s skills and working conditions. We provide a safe working environment and a guaranteed reasonable salary year round.
We abide by KEEP guidelines regarding weight restrictions on luggage carried by porters; make sure our guides and porters are adequately clothed and equipped for any conditions; all equipment and vehicles are kept in excellent condition and regularly checked to maintain our safety record for both clients and staff.
When trekking in rural areas, we employ local guides and purchase local food products. This commitment provides a valuable contribution to the local community as local guides have great local knowledge of their own particular area and purchasing local products supports local agriculture and industry.
We take out all our rubbish – carefully recycling all products that can be recycled,buying local food therefore cutting down on the need to carry in canned food, etc. We encourage our clients to be aware of the fragile environment that they are trekking in and ask them to assist with our environmental protection ideals.
Mountain Delights have introduced community trekking opportunities – medical treks which will give participants an opportunity to trek through some spectacular areas of Nepal as well as providing medical clinics in remote villages. Our cleaning trek will ask clients to help us clean up some of the more popular trekking routes in Nepal.
Our commitment is to continue to provide excellent service for our clients; Maintain good working conditions for our staff continue our social work in the areas most needed; and preserve our environment and cultural heritage.
Because of our quality, safety record, friendly and economic service, many of our clients have now become our friends and our best advertisement. We therefore are proud to continue to greet old and new clients and share with them the beauty and culture of our country.Therefore clients can expect caring services management and it's administrative and field staffs are sincerely committed to maintaining the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Nepal.
This is how we practice Responsible Travel
1. We build environment and culture awareness and respect.
2. We provide positive experience for both visitor and hosts.
3. We clean up after ourselves; no garbage is left to pollute the environment
4. We use kerosene for cooking instead firewood while we visit the area
5. We try as much as we can to buy local product for food.
5. Our guide, chef and all staff are from the areas we visit.
6. Our porters carry no more than 25kg.
7. Our staff has insurance and access to health care.
8. Our staff salary is high (salaries are enough to support a family and pay school fees for the children.)
9. Our Guide and staff are highly qualified.
10. We have sponsored some of school where we visit.
11. We Support human rights and labor agreements.
Guides and Porters:
1. Clothing appropriate to season and altitude must be provided to porters for protection from cold, rain and snow. This may mean: windproof jacket and trousers, fleece jacket, long johns, suitable footwear (boots in snow), socks, hat, gloves and sunglasses.
2. Above the tree line porters should have a dedicated shelter, either a room in a lodge or a tent (the trekkers’ mess tent is no good as it is not available till late evening), a sleeping mat and a decent blanket or sleeping bag. They should be provided with food and warm drinks, or cooking equipment and fuel.
3. Porters should be provided with life insurance and the same standard of medical care as you would expect for yourself.
4. Porters should not be paid off because of illness/injury without the leader or the trekkers assessing their condition carefully. The person in charge of the porters (sirdar) must let their trek leader or the trekkers know if a sick porter is about to be paid off. Failure to do this has resulted in many deaths. Sick/injured porters should never be sent down alone, but with someone who speaks their language and understands their problem, along with a letter describing their complaint. Sufficient funds should be provided to cover cost of rescue and treatment.
5. No porter should be asked to carry a load that is too heavy for their physical abilities (maximum: 20 kg on Kilimanjaro, 25 kg in Peru and Pakistan, 30 kg in Nepal). Weight limits may need to be adjusted for altitude, trail and weather conditions; experience is needed to make this decision. Child porters should not be employed.
We believe in better working conditions and basic human rights of the porters (we want to say helpers) and staff. By providing more facilities for staff and improving our staff's skills and working conditions, a safe working environment and reasonable salary are guaranteed. In order to carry out our commitment for improving the livelihood of the poor, Mountain Delights gives a portion of its profits to support social projects; in particular helping poor and lower cast children to go to school. Because of our efforts, some children from rural areas have recently received opportunities for schooling and we hope our support can be extended to more socially disadvantaged groups in the future, such as women and low caste groups. ? The Mountain Delights team is just like a big family, and it is always our pleasure to provide the best experience for our clients, our staff and the people and villages that we visit along our journey. Please feel free to contact us for any information regarding travel or our social projects in Nepal. Link to Tukee