Take a holy pilgrimage tour to the abode of Lord Shiva to add a milestone on the path of your spiritual journey. The incredible tour to Mt. Kailash in the Tibetan Himalaya where Lord Shiva resides is an amazing journey that you can experience once in a life time.
The sacred journey to Manasarovar and Kailash starts in Kathmandu, Nepal with the darsan and pooja at Pashupatinath, the temple dedicated to lord of the animals, Shiva and tour to a couple of other holy and spiritual sites in the valley. The tour then takes you on a road trip to Nepal Tibet border to the east from Kathmandu. After you enter the Tibetan land, you drive through beautiful Tibetan countryside and towns before reaching Mansarovar and going for the holy circumambulation of Mt. Kailash. Taking a holy bath in the lake Manasarovar and completing a sacred circumnavigation of the abode of Lord Shiva gives you the most sacred of spiritual feelings and brings your life closer to Moksha.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu – 1400 m
You arrive at Tribhuvan international airport and go through all custom regulations and visa process. After you go through all the necessary process, you come outside the terminal and you will see a person waiting for you with our company signboard. You will then be led to the vehicle and driven to our hotel in Kathmandu for the trip. Check into hotel; freshen up; relax and enjoy some leisurely time on your own. We will later meet to talk about what to expect in the days to come in this trip.
Day 02: Pashupati Darsan and Heritage Tour of Kathmandu – B/L/D
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel restaurant and we will meet to go for a holy darsan of Pashupatinath temple and sightseeing tour of some interesting spiritual sites.
Pashupatinath Temple: First of, we drive to Pashupatinath temple for a sacred darsan of Lord Shiva in the temple. The circumambulation of the holy temple will let us an opportunity to get the darsan of all faces of the god. This is the perfect beginning of the trip.
Swoyambhunath:Swoyambhunath is a Buddhist stupa site with several Hindu shrines where spiritual devotees visit to pay their homage to the deities. You will also see several monkeys walking freely around the area. This site is over 2000 years old.
Boudhanath Stupa:This largest Buddhist stupa in the world closer to Pashupatinath temple. This incredible spiritual site attracts hundreds of thousand spiritual seekers and Buddhist devotees. This site has almost 1700 years of history on its pocket.
Return back to hotel and relax.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Nyalam – B/L/D
The journey to Tibet starts today, with a drive to the Nepal Tibet border at Tatopani, to the east of Kathmandu. About four hours of drive takes us to Nepal Tibet border. After all custom processes at the border by Chinese custom officers, we drive for about two hours further into the Tibetan land to Nyalam.
Stay overnight at Nyalam.
Day 04: Nyalam – B/L/D
We stay at Nyalam today to adjust in the high altitude climate. We will go for short hiking trip which will be helpful to acclimatize to go even further higher into the Tibetan land.
Stay overnight at Nyalam
Day 05: Nyalam – Dongba – B/L/D
We will take a scenic drive from Nyalam to Dongba today. The fine and smooth highway takes us past a high mountain pass at Lalung La which is 5050 meters high. We will have some of the exceptional view of the Himalayas.
Stay overnight at Dongba.
Day 06: Dongba – Lake Manasarovar - B/L/D
The journey today will take us to the holy Lake Mansarovar. Crossing the Mayum La pass which is 5100 meters in elevation, we drive further ahead to reach the destination today to be welcomed by a serene and magnificent Lake Manasarovar. Almost nine hours long road trip today is worthwhile when we are blessed by the holy grace of the Lake.
Stay overnight at Lake Manasarovar.
Day 07: Lake Manasarovar – B/L/D
We have a full day at Manasarovar today to acclimatize and immerse deeper into the spiritual energy of the place. We will take a holy bath for the purification of mind, body and soul; organize a havan pooja and absorb the energy from the stunningly beautiful and holy lake.
Day 08: Manasarovar – Darchen – Derapuk – B/L/D
We are going to start the circumnavigation of the holy Mt. Kailash today. We drive to Darchen; get off the vehicle and get ready for the walking parikrama of the holy mountain. The journey of seven hours walk today takes us to Derapuk to spend the overnight. We will be blessed by the positive and spiritual vibrations of bestowed upon us by the grace of the holy mountain once we are in Derapuk. Horse or Yak ride is an option if walking is too difficult for you.
Day 09: Derapuk – Dolma La – Zuthulpuk – B/L/D
On the second day of parikrama, we walk for about ten hours to Zuthulpuk today. A difficult ascent to the strenuous Dolma La pass at the elevation of 5650 meters above sea level tests our endurance ability and devotion to the holy journey to the home of Lord Shiva. After crossing the pass, we descend carefully on a little slippery trail to Zuthulpuk where we spend overnight today.
Day 10: Zuthulpuk – Mansarovar – B/L/D
The third and the final day of the parikrama, we will walk to Darchen today to catch a vehicle back to Manasarovar. About four hours of walk today takes us to Darchen where a vehicle will be waiting for us. All the spiritual energy absorbed on these parikrama days keeps us highly energetic and we achieve an amazing feat of circumambulating the holy abode of Lord Shiva. We will get into the vehicle waiting for us and drive back to Manasarovar.
Stay overnight at Manasarovar.
Day 11: Manasarovar – Nyalam – B/L/D
We will start early morning drive for a long day today to Nyalam. We will spend the whole day on the highway today stopping only for lunch and other necessary breaks. On reaching Nyalam, we will check into a guest house to stay overnight.
Day 12: Nyalam – Kathmandu – B/L/D
We are entering Nepal today. Driving for about two hours on Tibetan land and about four hours on Nepali land, we will arrive to Kathmandu, the bustling capital city of Nepal. Check into hotel; freshen up and relax.
Day 13: Departure Day - B
We will come to your hotel three hours prior to your departure flight schedule to drop you off to airport.
- Airport pick up and drop in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, twin sharing in 3 star category hotels with breakfast.
- Accommodation as per program in Tibet on guest house
- All food in Tibet.
- Fly ticket of Kathmandu – Lhasa
- Tibet Visa and Permit.
- Private transportation pick up you from Nepal Tibet boarder to Kathmandu
- An English speaking government license holder Tibetan guide
- Emergency evacuation management
- All service charge and government tax
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Air fares from Home to Kathmandu to Home.
- Airport tax
- Nepal entry visa
- Travel insurance
- Rescue and emergency cost
- Additional jeep driving
- Bar bills
- Personal yak and horse riding
- Personal equipment, Insurance, Medical expenses, Emergency evacuation and Tipping
- Tips and gratitude to staff and driver
- Passport with Photo copies, Photographs, Identity card, Dairy for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Books etc.
- Airline/Railway tickets/Vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purpose
- Down sleeping bag (you can borrow with us if required).
- Duffel or Rucksack bag (you can borrow with us if required).
- Down Jacket (you can borrow with us if required).
- Flish liner (you can borrow with us if required).
- Walking poles (Walking poles (optional, you can borrow with us if required).
- Water bottle with purification tablets.
- Hand wash liquids.
- Lip guard.
- Sun block cream.
Toiletry kit. Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
- Cap and ears covering hat.
- Glacier glasses
- Head torch.
- Ear-muffs and neck warmer is another piece of gear for extra warmth (optional)
- Hand gloves (1 light pair and 1 warm pair)
- Light and weight thermal tops and warm thermal top.
- Light jacket and vest.
- Wind and rain jacket.
- Shirts and warm shirts.
- Long and short hiking pants.
- Lightweight and warm long underwear.
- Rain and windproof trousers and warm trekking trousers.
- Headache and fever medicine.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Burnt cream.
- Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach and diarrhea.
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide). Please discuss with us before starting to take this medicine.
- Blister treatments such as mole skin, hand plasts Band-Aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.
- Passport and extra passport photos (2 copies).
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money and passport.
- Pocket knife.
- Favorite snack foods and energy bars
- Paperback books, cards, mp3 player. Avoid players with moving hardware as it may not function. Remember, keep these items light weights
Post a ReviewLog In with Facebook to post a review.
------- OR --------
Post as guest: