Visit the mystical country of Tibet and experience the majestic charisma of culture, spirituality and unique life style. This 7 nights 8 days Tibet tour will take you to some of the incredible cultural places in Tibet that will take you closer to the beauty of the country.
Exploring the incredible places in the cities of Lhasa, Gyantse and Xigatse give some inside out knowledge of Tibetan culture and simplicity of life style. What can be more interesting than driving past some high Himalayan passes while commuting from one place to the other? Exploration of Historic and spiritual Potala palace, monasteries, market places etc. gives an in-depth understanding of the culture and life of Tibetan people. The trans-Himalayan flight to and from Lhasa gives some breathtaking view of the high towering, snow-capped Himalayan peaks.
Take this beautiful cultural and spiritual journey to and this will prove to be an eye opener on many aspects of life.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
You arrive at Tribhuvan international airport and go through all custom regulations and visa process. After you go through all the necessary process, you come outside the terminal and you will see a person waiting for you with our company signboard. You will then be led to the vehicle and driven to our hotel in Kathmandu for the trip. Check into hotel; freshen up; relax and enjoy some leisurely time on your own. We will later meet to talk about what to expect in the days to come in this trip.
Day 02: Kathmandu – Lhasa – 3650 m
We will drive you to airport for the flight to Lhasa. The spectacular trans-Himalayan flight will give us some stunning views of the Himalayas. You will be picked up from the Lhasa airport and transferred to hotel. After checking into hotel and freshening up, we will take you for some exploration of Lhasa city.
Day 03: Lhasa Exploration
We have a full day today to explore the majestic city of Lhasa. We will take you for a visit to Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Bakhor bazar where you can explore about the Tibetan culture, life style, and spirituality.
Day 04: Lhasa – Gyantse – 3950 m
We will drive to Gyantse today which is 261 kilometers far from Lhasa. The beautiful high highway drive will take us past two high mountain passes of Kora La – 5010m and Kamba La – 4794m. Breathtaking view of Lake Yamadroke also makes our trip of the day exciting. Reach Gyantse and explore a bit.
Day 05: Gyantse – Xigatse – 3900 m
The first half of the day today is allocated for the sightseeing tour of Gyantse. The sightseeing tour includes the visit to the monasteries of Pholkor and Kumbum. After the exploration of beautiful Gyantse, we will have our lunch and start driving to Xigatse, 90 kilometers away from Gyantse. Take your breakfast and go for a half day sightseeing tour of Gyantse. The highway to Xigatse passes through beautiful country road.
Day 06: Xigatse – Lhasa
We will experience the beauty of Xigatse in the first half of the day. A sightseeing tour of beautiful places in the city is organized in the morning to start after breakfast. After the sightseeing tour, we will have our lunch and drive to Lhasa. Another beautiful day of the country road drive takes us to Lhasa for overnight stay. We can take some stroll around to absorb more about Tibetan culture and life style as this will be the last night of the trip in Tibet.
Overnight at Lhasa.
Day 07: Lhasa – Kathmandu
You will be driven to airport for the flight to Kathmandu. Enjoy another spectacular flight over the Himalayas overlooking magnificent mountain peaks including the Mt. Everest. You will be picked up from airport by our city tour guide and you will go for some sightseeing tour of Kathmandu. The sites include:
Pashupatinath – On this main temple area of the Hindu God of destruction, Shiva, you will witness the most unique cremation in the world in an open platform on the bank of a holy river. As this temple is strictly “Hindus Only” one, non-Hindus will not have the privilege of getting inside the main temple complex. However witnessing the unique cremation system is the most alluring charm of this place. You will also meet some of the Hindi holy men around who will invite you to take pictures of them or with them in exchange of some monetary donation.
Patan Durbar Square– This is a medieval palace square and has beautiful medieval pagoda temples and palace buildings decorated with amazing wood craft works. You will also take a short walk around the local ethnic area to learn about their life style.
Swoyambhunath aka Monkey Temple– This is the oldest of all sites in Kathmandu valley with a massive ancient Stupa (Buddhist holy shrine). You will learn interesting stories connected to this site and find some cheeky monkeys as well. You will enjoy the spiritual vibes of this wonderful place.
Day 08: Departure Day
We will come to your hotel three hours prior to your departure flight schedule to drop you off to airport.
- Airport pick up and drop in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, twin sharing in 3 star category hotels with breakfast.
- Accommodation as per program in Tibet on guest house
- All food in Tibet.
- Fly ticket of Kathmandu – Lhasa
- Tibet Visa and Permit.
- Private transportation pick up you from Nepal Tibet boarder to Kathmandu
- An English speaking government license holder Tibetan guide
- Emergency evacuation management
- All service charge and government tax
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Air fares from Home to Kathmandu to Home.
- Airport tax
- Nepal entry visa
- Travel insurance
- Rescue and emergency cost
- Additional jeep driving
- Bar bills
- Personal yak and horse riding
- Personal equipment, Insurance, Medical expenses, Emergency evacuation and Tipping
- Tips and gratitude to staff and driver
- Passport with Photo copies, Photographs, Identity card, Dairy for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Books etc.
- Airline/Railway tickets/Vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purpose
- Down sleeping bag (you can borrow with us if required).
- Duffel or Rucksack bag (you can borrow with us if required).
- Down Jacket (you can borrow with us if required).
- Flish liner (you can borrow with us if required).
- Walking poles (Walking poles (optional, you can borrow with us if required).
- Water bottle with purification tablets.
- Hand wash liquids.
- Lip guard.
- Sun block cream.
Toiletry kit. Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
- Cap and ears covering hat.
- Glacier glasses
- Head torch.
- Ear-muffs and neck warmer is another piece of gear for extra warmth (optional)
- Hand gloves (1 light pair and 1 warm pair)
- Light and weight thermal tops and warm thermal top.
- Light jacket and vest.
- Wind and rain jacket.
- Shirts and warm shirts.
- Long and short hiking pants.
- Lightweight and warm long underwear.
- Rain and windproof trousers and warm trekking trousers.
- Headache and fever medicine.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Burnt cream.
- Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach and diarrhea.
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide). Please discuss with us before starting to take this medicine.
- Blister treatments such as mole skin, hand plasts Band-Aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.
- Passport and extra passport photos (2 copies).
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money and passport.
- Pocket knife.
- Favorite snack foods and energy bars
- Paperback books, cards, mp3 player. Avoid players with moving hardware as it may not function. Remember, keep these items light weights
Post a ReviewLog In with Facebook to post a review.
------- OR --------
Post as guest: