Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve lies in the eastern Tarai close to Itahari attracts a large number of migratory birds. Established in 1976 to protect the grassland and islands in the floodplains of Sapta Koshi River, it is also the last habitat of the Arna (wild water buffalo). Bird watchers arrive here in search of the beautiful Bengal Florican and the flamboyant Sarus cranes. More than 440 species of birds have been recorded here including those that arrive from Siberia and Tibet around November to February. Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is also home to wild boar, jackals, pythons and crocodiles. The endangered Gangetic dolphins are seen occasionally when they surface in the river. A park fee is charged for entering the reserve.
Getting there :
The easiest means of getting there is by air to Biratnagar and by road from the airport to Koshi Tappu. The reserve in not far from the Mahendra Highway and there are buses from Itahari going in.
1. Airport or Bus station pick up & Drop.
2. All meals ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Two times tea biscuit)
3. Accommodation in the resort
4. All transportation as required
5. Jungle permit
6. All taxes and service charges.
What is Excluded?
1. Nepal Visa fee
2. Bar bills (alcoholic drinks, mineral water,), cigarettes, client’s personal insurance, and any
kind of unforeseen & personal expenses
3. Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
4. Tips for the serving staffs
5. Travel insurance
6. Other expenses and services which are not mentioned above in inclusion